Sunday, April 20, 2014

Unexpected Easter

We had an unexpected Easter day today.  One of my husband’s roles as Executive Pastor is that he’s in charge of all the moving pieces in our Sunday services.  Right now we’re doing a rebuild of our Church so we’re meeting in a school and he was running up the stairs backstage to pass on a message to the Worship Team, only as he was running his achilles tendon popped and he was in a lot of pain. I didn’t see it happen but a friend came to find me and asked me to come with him...I find my husband not able to put any weight on his right leg.  SO!  After some assessment from some Doctors in our Church I took him to the ER.  He has at least a partial tear in his achilles and we’ll have to see in the next day or two if he’ll need surgery.

We missed the Easter services :( but the beautiful thing is...I know a risen Saviour and it doesn’t matter where we were, I hold that hope in my heart.

So tonight, I’m pooped, so this will be short and sweet.  I thought I’d pull out one of the cards I haven’t had a chance to show you yet, but that I made for last month’s Power Poppy release with the beautiful Springtime Love set.



I think the spring time blooms are stunning.  They’re coloured with Copics and paired with these pretty MME papers.  



Embossed hearts, enamel dots and some twine wrap it up. 


And here’s the inside.  Thanks for stopping by friends.  I have no idea what this week will hold, but I know that I am held in it.  I hope that those truths can anchor you too.  

6 comments:

D- said...

OUCHIE! I hope he heals up real fast.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Conniecrafter said...

Oh so sorry to hear about your hubby's injury, sure hope he doesn't have to go through surgery.
Your card is so pretty and what a perfect sentiment for those flowers!

JoAnn said...

So sorry to hear about your hubby's injury. I pray everything goes well and he doesn't have to surgery.

JoAnn said...

So sorry to hear about your hubby's injury. I pray everything goes well and he doesn't have to surgery.

Judys said...

Love your perspective about Easter and our Risen Lord! However, saddened that your hubby has to go through this painful accident. Will pray for his full recovery very soon. Card is beautiful. Reflective of the Risen Lord! Faithful renewal of spring blooms! Love them. Those cute little dots.......I made some from Perler beads melted in the oven. Lots of patience!

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, I'm still hoping for quick healing without surgery. I know those Achilles injuries can take a while to repair themselves, though. Beautiful card with pretty blooms and colorful springtime papers. A lovely start to my rainy Friday!