Sunday, August 31, 2014

Baby Kittens

I’m getting ready for a card sale in the next week or so, and my friend said to me, “Christine, you need more baby cards!”   It’s true, I’m sort of past the baby stage and forget to make baby cards until I really need them.  I mean honestly - my daughter goes for University Orientation today so we are WELL past baby :)  

So,  just for my friend and hopefully others that will come to buy cards, here are a couple of baby cards.  




I used a There She Goes set that I just sold actually - I thought I’d stamp it one more time before I whisked it off to it’s new owner.  This company is no longer in business sadly, but boy they had some cute stamps and I enjoyed designing with them for a while.  This one was called “Cattitude”, and was full of cat themed illustrations (by Torico I believe).  

Here’s the boy design.  Very CAS and simple.  Clean lines and limited embellishments.  The papers are from an older SU Subtles pack.   


Such a cute set don’t you think?  

And now the girl version...I thought it would be fun to use the theme of the yarn ball and create circular elements to make the card.  

I switched up the colouring a wee bit, added some PTI paper, vellum circles, washi tape and some rhinestones and buttons for the girly effect.  The Spellbinders die is Heart Circles.  


And just as cute in pink!

Here’s the Copics I used:


In the center are the Copics I used for both the basket and one of the kitties in each basket, on the left are the Copics I used specifically for the boy card and on the right are the ones I used specifically for the girl kitties.  Hopefully that all makes sense!  




10 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Freaking adorable Christine!

Lyn said...

Oh so gorgeous <3

Mary Ann said...

WOW!!!Beautiful cards!!!Love them!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee Totally adorable! I can't believe you are going to college orientation stuff either. GASP!!! Out of the baby stage is right. good thing the boys are still somewhat little! Hugs sweet friend....

Pauline said...

OMG these are the sweetest baby cards. Love them both.

KarinsArtScrap said...

ahhhhh these are sweet and beautiful Christine.
Gr Karin

Marisa said...

Adore those kitties!! Great cards showcasing them.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my those are just adorable, love your coloring and the great layouts on both of them.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both of these cards are so adorable! Love them in both color schemes. You are amazing!

Leslie Miller said...

These are both darling! I love baby cards AND kitties, so these just steal my heart. Absolute sweetness!