Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Birthday Bonnet


I did a little colouring for fun yesterday, wanting to play along with this weeks’ A Day for Daisies Challenge that’s called Veggie Love and is an inspiration photo (see below).  So I printed this pretty image called Bird Bonnet for a pretty little scene.  I think she looks pretty darling.  It’s a simple card design just pulling out theme of the flowers along the fence to create an accent along the bottom for the card.  I trimmed the flowers out of paper to have that freehand open feel mimicking the stamped flowers and then added some freehand cut felt for leaves.  





To tie the colour of the fence into the design I gave it some green shading.  The sentiment is from a Verve set (Poppy Birthday) and I just added a little sequin into the flower center.  And for fun I used my blender pen to lift off some colour polka dots from her bonnet.  The way the pen lifted off the colour gives it almost a watercoloury look which I thought was fun.  



Here’s the inside of the design.  

And here’s the Copics I used.




4 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is so very sweet, looks great cut with that die, love the colors!

KarinsArtScrap said...

so very beautiful Christine and so sweet.
Gr Karin

Marisa said...

Such a precious image and adore the colour combo!

905lovestostamp said...

Christine, I love this sweet image, and the colors you have chosen to use--lovely! Beautiful coloring!!! I love that flower you created too, I'm sure the birthday card recipient will love this card.

Blessings to you,

Joanne