Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dare to Get Dirty 2014!


This is my second post today....check HERE for my TCP Tuesday post.  



It’s one of the most enjoyable times of the year!  It’s Dare to Get Dirty, when the Dirty Dozen current and alumni bring you a whole week of challenges at Splitcoaststampers.  These are designed especially for the Fan Club as a way of saying thank you for your support of this awesome community!  

Today it’s my turn to lead a challenge, and while I can’t spill the beans on what that challenge is, I can show you my cards for the challenge to hopefully inspire you, and I hope you can join in!  There are prizes to be had in playing along and it’s so much fun!  



This first card uses the lovely Countryside Bouquet Deluxe from Power Poppy.  I used some Copics to colour the cosmos flowers, the pointillism background and the pretty cosmos stamped in the foreground too.  I think the cutout in the layout is a fun element too.  



This card to me says summer!  All those bright colours are created with ink daubers and Memento ink, or punched circles.  I realy wanted it to have that bokeh effect like you can achieve in photography.  It uses The Cat’s Pajamas fun set Vintage Summer and I’ve added vellum, sequins, enamel dots and a sponged stencil on the background layer.  

Thanks for popping by again today and I hope you can jump into the challenge.  I’d love to see your creation there!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the negative space and love all those circles!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 gorgeous cards great designs and beautiful made Christine.
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty flowers, love your dotted background to go with the paper, love the design and sprinkling of them gems :)