Friday, August 29, 2014

Vellum Bouquet


Hello friends!  Happy Friday to all of you.  Today half of my family is helping my brother and sister-in-law pack up “stuff” in their move to a different house (those members of the family with large muscles), and half of us are getting things done around here for school starting on Tuesday.  The summer is quickly winding down.  

Now some of you who are keen observers of the calendar might be wondering...hey isn’t it about new release time from Power Poppy?  You would be right....but we’re going to make you wait just a few more weeks for all that’s new at Power Poppy...and trust me it will be worth the wait.  I’m so excited about what’s coming shortly - you will want to save your pennies for a fabulous release!  

So today we’re all about finding some more new Peeps of the Week!  It’s anything goes from Power Poppy!  



Today I thought I’d play again with our beautiful Countryside Bouquet Deluxe set, and stamping it on cardstock and some lovely vellum for a softened effect.  

I began by taking some of the smaller flowers from the set and stamping them in white Craft ink onto vellum and then embossing them in white.  I like stamping in Craft ink for this effect because it gives you a bit of a thicker embossed image rather than with just VersaMark.  


After embossing, I flip the image over and colour on the back of the vellum with Copics.  It gives you a stained glass effect on the front side softening the colouring for a lovely background.  

Then I stamped the main bouquet onto XPress It Blending cardstock and coloured it with Copics.  Very simple accents including copic coloured rhinestones and some tulle and white lace.  


Copics Used:  (BV60, BV63, BV66, R24, R27, R29, R39, Y35, YR15,  YG21, YG23, BV02, BV04, G43, G46)


So we hope you’ll play along with us this week!

HERE’S HOW TO PLAY: All you need to do is use the linky below and share a new Power Poppy creation. Just that simple! It can be anything -- a card, an altered item, a 3D creation, a set of cards, ANYTHING!

OFFICIAL RULES: 
  • Use Power Poppy Stamps on your creation! 
  • Link up your creation using the Linky on the Power Poppy Blog 
  • Mention the Peep of the Week challenge in your blog or gallery post with a link back to this blog post! 
  • We’ll accept entries up until Thursday @3PM EST and will announce the Power Peeps of the Week next Friday for our Peep of the Week post.

15 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, this is beautiful with both the soft and the brilliant colors. Love it all against the pretty blue. Nice the way you did your sentiment, too, with the scrap of lace underneath.

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the colors and the vellum!!!!

Allison Cope said...

Oh Christine... it's delightful! I love the soft lavender-blue of your card base and the transparent colours of your white embossed stems. Everything on this card screams beautiful! Fabulous inspiration this week!

Emily Lauritzen said...

Love how you embossed and colored a few flowers on the vellum! Great touch and beautiful card!
<3 Emily L.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow so gorgeous Christine and fab colours.
Gr Karin

dpkennedy said...

This is such a beautiful creation! I love the stamped vellum behind the gorgeous image! Wow!

Carole C said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

905lovestostamp said...

WOW, Christine!!! Thanks for the hint regarding using white craft ink vs versamark, I too like the thicker effect and then the EP on top. Gorgeous coloring on your white CS, and that stunning stained-glass effect on the vellum, I'd love to try it1 How I wish you lived closer, I'd love to take some "lessons" in coloring copics. I am not a great colorist using any medium, but I especially don't do well with copics. I even took the day-long certification class, thinking it was a regular class to learn techniques, but really it wasn't and I came away disappointed and haven't really played with my copics since. I see such beautiful coloring with copics especially from the Power Poppy DT and elsewhere, and I have quite a few copics, and hate that I don't use them. Hopefully I will be able to find a basic class at some point, but our local store closed here in Hamilton, and due to health limitations I have trouble getting out and never know if I'll be well enough to attend a class anyway. So I need to find some online help, and then practice A LOT, I guess!

What you do is gorgeous artwork, just beautiful, Christine! God has given you some amazing artistic talent, and I appreciate seeing it on your cards and learning from you too.

Blessings to you,

Joanne

Karen McAlpine said...

Just lovely!

Angelica Schmidt said...

Just gorgeous! Love the vellum look! Have a Blessed day!

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous, I love the vellum look.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Christine!! LOVE how you combined the white embossed images with the black line colored images. It's all stunning layered with the vellum!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that vellum background you created is so Lovely, I will have to give that a try :) Your coloring over all is just Beautiful!!

Stacy Morgan said...

beautiful! I like the stained glass look as you said with the vellum. Your bouquet looks amazing with the vellum background!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is stunning! I LOVE the effect of the vellum and coloring on the back. Definitely does look like stained glass. And your focal image is beautifully colored too! Gorgeous card! Hugs!