Saturday, September 27, 2014

Bottlebrush Holiday

Double posts today....if you’re looking for The Cat’s Pajamas New Release Click HERE



We’re so excited to bring you our very first Christmas Holiday Stamp sets at Power Poppy!  I know you will be WOWWED this week with beautiful sets that will inspire you as you get ready to celebrate this special season!  Marcella has really put her signature touches on this release.  Today’s set is called Bottlebrush Holiday it is the sweetest little seasonal celebration of those pretty miniature trees.  It will totally win you over!  


All you have to do is search for bottlebrush trees on Pinterest and you’ll be amazed by the sweetness of beautiful inspiration you’ll find.  Marcy really captured that miniaturized elegance of the trees.  I just loved this combination in the set of the bottlebrush tree and oranments.  The banner can be changed up to have other sentiments also included in the set.  It’s very adorable!  

I stamped the image on XPress It Blending cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black and then coloured it up with some soft pastel marker colours in Copics.  


You might be able to tell that after colouring with Copics I added some shimmery elements with a glitter pen onto the ornament, tree and background.  I’ve also added glitter strips with Scor Tape and glitter and then some pretty curved felt, cut with a Spellbinders A2 Curved Border die for some warmth.  The papers are MME Cambridge Court.  Finally,  I added a seambinding bow and some sparklets and it’s all ready for Christmas!  



Here’s the Copics I used - you can click on it to make it larger if you need to.  




Now these amazing women have some more inspiration for you with Bottlebrush Holiday...go on over and visit!  

Allison Cope
Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog  - where she’ll give you behind the scenes inspiration about this lovely set!

20 comments:

KimCreate said...

Oh my, you have colored this stamp so pretty! and your paper and embellies, "swoon" LOVE IT

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is beautiful! I love how you've colored the Christmas balls with the amazing reflections! Beautiful colors, and I guess I'll be Pinning some bottle brush trees now! Can't wait to see more! Hugs!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful christmas card Christine
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, great coloring and love the papers to go with it, playful card!

Tara said...

Ooh, love all the gorgeous colors, patterns and layering!

Liz Williams said...

Love this in these non-traditional Christmas colors. Looks like a fun set for the season.

Rachel Parys said...

I totally dig these colors!!! What a gorgeous combo of modern and classic!

Patti J said...

Christine, this is beautiful, and I'm so smitten with these stamps!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love your colors and design!

Dawn B. said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colors you chose. Great job.

Lyn said...

Oh my this is so so beautiful, cant wait to see more <3

Kim said...

Your card is so pretty Christine!! I love the colors you chose. Your card just sparkles. Beautiful!!

Elise S. said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! Love the colors and I think so far this is my favorite stamp image from that set! Can't wait to see what you've got in store over the next 3 days!

Moosisk said...

Love all the colors on your card from the polka dot paper to your Copic-colored image. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Julie Koerber said...

Well, this one is just as pretty as can be! Love so much about it that it will be impossible to share it all! Aside from the beautifully colored image (which I am sure sparkles even more in real life) I love how you think out of the box to add different elements to make your card stand out -- the felt, the glitter strips, all with amazing results! Beautiful Christine!

Leslie Miller said...

Your coloring never ceases to amaze me, as does your card designs. This card has it all, Christine!

Stacy Morgan said...

Yet another delightful and whimsy Christmas card. I just gawk at your coloring! Love love this one!

Nancy Thomas said...

Another stunner! A fabulous layout - you are really making me want these stamps.

loulou said...

Gorgeous card Christine. Wonderful colours and I love your sparkle and the felt. Marcella's image is amazing.

Allison Cope said...

You always use the most beautiful colours on your holiday cards Christine! This is so fun and whimsical - love it!