Friday, January 9, 2015

Vintage Rose

Happy Friday everyone?  Got any wonderful plans for the weekend?  Tonight I get to have a fun date with my husband at an NHL game.  Not that my team has been winning much lately, but I’m looking forward to the time with my love.  

Today I’ve got some Power Poppy love going on here on the blog too.  


I decided to pull out one of the first sets that Marcy created for Power Poppy, it’s called Springtime Love, and it’s really love-y and lovely!  I stamped on XPress it Blending cardstock, then coloured with Copics and finally distressed it up sponging with ink, torn and peeled paper edges and some irregular sewing.  I don’t often distress, but I really loved how this paper from an older pack of Glitz dp looked so I used my distress inks (Tea Stain and Vintage Photo) and Memento Espresso until it took on similar tones to the paper.  For accent I’ve added some brown cotton lace and a fancy brad that has that vintage feel too.  


This is Mojo Monday’s Sketch this week as well.  And now you can join us in the Power Poppy Peep of the Week, showing us your Power Poppy creations.  

Here’s the Bloom Brigade playing along today...




Allison Cope
Christine Okken (
you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

12 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh what a beautiful card Christine. Love all the distressing - perfect papers for this image which is beautifully coloured.

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely design and coloring. Have fun on your date night.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous vintage feel, love the shading around the image, and the distressed background with the neat stitching, it all came together wonderfully!
Hope you enjoyed date night with your hubby :)

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card. Love the brown, stitching, distressing and your focal image is beautifully coloured.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Christine! I like the rugged edges with the sewing, adds such a warm touch.

Leslie Miller said...

What a pretty combination of stamps and papers! I love the distressing. I've got this very image stamped and ready to color. It makes a very nice Valentine card or for any "love" occasion.

Karen W said...

Wonderful distressed card. Beautiful colors and coloring!

Dawn B. said...

This is fabulous. I love how the flower matches the paper. My kind is style here. Shabby and chic. Super card sweet girl.

samanthadesigns said...

Wondeful card! All the distressing gives it that vintage feel. Love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so pretty

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is gorgeous! I love the color combination you've used, and it's so beautiful with this flower! And your shabby chic feel is amazing with the distressing and wonderful stitching and DP! Truly a gorgeous card! Hugs!