Monday, February 16, 2015

Friends are Like Flowers



Happy Tuesday friends!  We’re kicking off a new challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas today and it’s a lovely spring colour challenge hosted by Nancy.  I love these colours together!  

As always when we’re issued a challenge I flip through my sets and see what might work for what we’re given, when I saw these pretty Simple Blooms again I knew they’d be perfect.  



When I want to add more than one colour to a silhouette stamp I usually take my ink pads and strategically ink the parts of the stamp in the colours as best as I can (so green on the leaves and stems and purple on the blooms, then after it’s stamped on the paper, I come back with a marker and fill in any details it missed.  This also gives more definition and life to a silhouette stamp set.  

After that I added in the pretty aqua background pointillism to bring all the colours together, and then stamped the sentiment in SU Pool Party ink.  I die cut out this image with the Framed Up Cut Ups die just tipping it on it’s side.  It works perfectly to accommodate the sentiment.  



Finishing touches include some pretty ribbons in aqua seam binding and some pretty satin polka dot ribbon in purple, adding some sequins and also a couple of sweet little butterflies from the Butterflies Cut Ups die.  It’s such a pretty combination of colours with the hope of spring!  

So we hope you’ll play along with us and these colours.  The challenge goes for 2 weeks and you can win Cat’s Cash to spend in the TCP store!  

Have you heard the news at TCP?  Alma’s holding a sale!  While she’s on holidays, she’s giving us a discount celebrating the LOVE.  Place an order between February 13 - 23 and you’ll get 14% off.  Shipping will start the 24th.  Stock up on what’s been on your wish list!  



Here’s the Cat Pack Kitties playing along today:

Christine (you are here)



5 comments:

Lyn said...

Oh Christine this is so beautiful <3 and what lovely colours Nancy selected :)

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, I do this too but didn't think to go back in with marker, will have to try that next time, pretty combo of the ribbons to go with the flowers!

Marisa said...

Great focal panel shape and love how you highlighted the flowers with the blue around them.

Leslie Miller said...

Very pretty! Love how you shaded in the background. Those butterflies are absolutely sweet, too!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Christine, I just love how you did the background, did you do it with a marker? looks so beautiful. And the layout, oh my goodness!! it's gorgeous, the DSP is so beautiful, is it My Mind's Eye?
Love the combination of Aqua ribbon with the lilac ribbon, so sweet.
Thank you for sharing.