Monday, June 15, 2015

Fly



Hello!  Just popping in to remind you that there’s a fab colour challenge going on at The Cat’s Pajamas and you have one week left to enter.  Now, this card’s colours don’t exactly match the colour challenge...but I thought it would be fun to pop in and show you this design anyway.  It’s made with the awesome new CutUps die Stitched Fly.  It’s such a great design!  I cut out the whole piece twice and then popped out the background of the plate on the back design to brayer ink onto....I wanted to give it a fading sky sort of feel.  

Then I popped up the front stitched pieces of the die cut outs and added some extra clouds into the design as well.  I like how it almost has a polaroid feel.  I paired it all up with the Wavy Stitched Border CutUps in blue, some button and twine it it’s all done. 



Here you can see the dimension a little better.  Makes for a really easy card design!  I gave it to one of the grade 12 grads at Church, I thought it would work perfectly for him.  


2 comments:

Lyn said...

So gorgeous I love that new die and have it on my wishlist :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh, I love this card for a Graduate!! I have the cloud die so I'm totally CASE'ing your card Christine. I don't have that gorgeous "fly" die but I could maybe substitute with "The Sky is the Limit" sentiment?
Love it, thank you for the inspiration.