Friday, October 9, 2015

Birthday Apples




Today Power Poppy is having some great fun with The Daily Marker’s 30 Day Coloring Challenge!  I’ve already been having some fun colouring so I was delighted to jump in again, and there are Power Poppy prizes to be given away!  



I stamped up the lovely apple crate from our Farmer’s Market set in Memento Peanut Brittle ink to soften the effect and then gave it some colour with Copics to match this fun paper (MME Jubilee Tangerine).  I thought the soft blue would be a good contrast to the deep colours of the apples.  I stitched on my main panel and then added the pennant accents with a button and twine.  Don’t those apples look crisp and juicy?  



The sentiment is from another of our Power Poppy sets - Go Wild.  I thought it was perfect.  




Here’s the Copics I used (a lot actually, but that was part of the fun :).  

So now here’s the details of how you can join in!

HOW TO JOIN IN THE FUN.....

Pick a coloring medium, any which one, and enjoy some special downtime to recharge and color. There's no presssure to really do it each and every day. But, if you want to carve out ten minutes for a zippy color fest with your favorite cuppa, why not? Life's too short, isn't it?

WHAT? IT'S JUST THAT EASY?

Yes, sweet stamping friends, it is! Then, after you color up your world, make sure you link your creation RIGHT HERE on the linky for a chance at some prizes! Keep in mind Kathy is urging us all to share our colorific skills. That doesn't mean you need a finished card. Just show off what you colored! You can also share via social media -- Facebook, Instagram, Flickr -- using the hashtag #thedailymarker30day3  

DID YOU SAY THERE WERE PRIZES? 

Why yes, we did! And guess what? Power Poppy is adding to the mix by donating a stamp set of choice to one lucky colorista!

WHERE DO I FIND INSPIRATION?
The Daily Marker! Kathy is posting new and colorful things each and every day for the entire month of October!

ARE THE BLOOMIES PLAYING ALONG?
Absolutely! In fact, if you hop, skip and jump your way through our link list, you'll see what they created during one of their own personal coloring sessions.


Christine Okken (you are here)

18 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, what a gorgeous card with wonderful colors! I love the papers and how you've colored this wonderful crate of apples (I have one every day with lunch, and they do look delicious!). Your coloring is always amazing, and I really love the pointillism around the image to soften and blend with the DP. Stunning layout! What fun! Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks for the inspiration!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Gorgeous card, Christine! I like that you picked a light Memento ink for the image. Good choice. ;-)

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful apples Christine and a fantastic and gorgeous card
Gr Karin

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous crate of apples, love your design, specially the sweet stitching on the edge of your panel, beautiful papers too.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Allison Cope said...

Oh my Christine! It's beautiful! I love the soft blues and greens - they set off your apples perfectly! Love your colouring!

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Christine, this card is just so pretty. Your coloring, as always, is so life like, I almost want to grab one of those shiny, crisp apples. Love your inspiration!

Leslie Miller said...

Those apples are fantastic, Christine! I so love the combo of bright and soft in your papers, and you've made a super cute and fun card design, as well. I always love your card designs.

Satori said...

The card and coloring are beautiful! Love the layered elements!

Stacy Morgan said...

Yummy apples! Christine your coloring is wonderful and this is beautifully shaded. Yummy and so very pretty.

francesca said...

beautiful project!! :)
I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog!
Be sure to check it out: http://fridayfinally.blogspot.it/2015/10/merry-christmouse-giveaway.html

Conniecrafter said...

Your coloring here is just fantastic, and I love that sentiment too!

Bunny Dobbie said...

Gorgeous card! What stunning colouring of the crate of apples.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Wonderful coloring.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl, your coloring skills always blow me away!! I adore the creative and beautiful way you colored the apples and crate!! And your sketch is fabulous too!! Wow!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is so pretty! The colors are fantastic! I recently bought this set but haven't gotten it inky yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

SewPaperPaint said...

What a beautiful card! Great layering and such beautiful coloring!

Michele Boyer said...

Gorgeous! The apples are amazing!

Queen Mary said...

Absolutely LOVE the apples!