Friday, February 5, 2016

Magnolia Sunshine


Hello Friends!  Today we’ve got a brand new challenge at Power Poppy that’s going to be another good stretch for you.  Ally’s our hostess and here’s what she had to say about the challenge:

This month I want you pull out a coloring medium that you don't use that often.  So if you tend to use Copic Markers for instance, pull out your water color paints or your colored pencils instead!  Let's see you use up some of those not-so-used mediums this month.

That’s a great challenge for me as I tend to grab my Copics most.  Today I pulled out my prismacolor pencils and this BRAND NEW beauty, Magnolia Sunshine!  


Marcy has a brand new digi today that honours her mom’s favourite flowers - Magnolias and Daffodils.  As some of you may know, Marcy’s mom is going through some health challenges so we want to give her all the love, encouragement, prayers and sunshine we can, so I made this especially sunshiney.  

Did you see the fun tutorial over on Splitcoaststampers the other day on how to make a Pleated Skirt Fold?  I thought it was an ingenious way of folding paper in a simple way that creates a neat focal point.   So, I found some sunshiney paper in my stash (SU) and pleated the lower section.  

The image is just so pretty!  Here’s what this pretty digi looks like below:  






Here is a closer look at the colouring.  Finishing details include sparkly ribbon, enamel dots and baker’s twine.  



Here’s also a closer look a the pleated fold too.  Its nice because you can show off both sides of a double sided paper.  

And we’re also jumping in with the 30 Day Coloring Challenge at the Daily Marker with this one too!  It’s a good encouragement to color a few minutes every day!  


So, now we’d like to invite YOU to jump in with us at Power Poppy and pull out some of your unused colouring mediums to colour with us this month.  Enter at the Power Poppy Blog and you could win a Power Poppy set of your choice!  

Here’s the Bloomies and Instant Gardeners playing along today....


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Cheryl Scrivens
Barbara Walker


15 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card and flowers Christine
Gr Karin

Becky said...

Gorgeous card. I love the yellow, so bright and sunshiny. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity.

ThePurplePlace said...

Beautiful....love the stamp and your colors...

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is filled with sunshine and love, and I love the pleated skirt technique. Beautifully done, and I love your layout! Yes, continuing to pray for Marcy's precious mom! Hugs!

Unknown said...

WOW! The yellow and oranges are beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm just loving all this cheerful sunshiny yellow! Beautiful card, Christine. Now I can't wait to color this up. Really love the two sentiments with this set.

cghundley said...

Loving all that yellow
and orange. Gorgeous
design on your card.
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

Love the bright colors, I am fairly new at most mediums so trying something different is very easy here in Texas at this crafter's corner.

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, love the springy colors, the image goes perfectly with your paper and I like what you did with that technique, I have that on my list to try!

Carol H. said...

Your card is so pretty! Love the bright yellows with the patterned paper!

Teresa Doyle said...

So sunny and bright Christine. I love it!

Aileen said...

Christine Beautiful card, love the colours you have used.

also wanted to let you know your link to the 30 day colouring challenge doesn't come to here, It is showing the image from the shop and takes a person straight to the shop . Cheers
Aileen

Helen Gullett said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the colors & that pleaded skirt folding :)

Traci M said...

Christine, this is such a beautiful and cheerful card, and the pleated skirt is so flirty and fun...I am going to give this a try! Love this image colored in yellows! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Christine this is so wonderful. It is quite simply like a breath of Spring jumping up at you. Wonderful, bright and lively colours. I just love it. Cheers.