Monday, February 8, 2016

This is Dave



The other week when I was colouring at Camp, a friend was sitting with us and I asked him, “ok, what colours should this little seahorse be? ” He threw out some colour suggestions, so I took them, coloured him up, and then named this little guy after him for fun - so this is Dave :)  Stamped with The Cat’s Pajamas Seas the Birthday set for the seahorse, and I Are Fun for the sentiment.  

I played with the Mojo Sketch this week creating inset bubbles (with a circle die) where the circles are in the sketch.  Next, I made a stencil from acetate out of the Dots CutUps Die, sponged the turquoise layer with some ink and then inset that acetate into the larger bubbles.  Double duty!  I like how it gives that under the sea bubbly look.   



I did some sparkly scribbling around the edges of the design, embossed the sentiment, added a button and baker’s twine and then used a sparkly pen to add in some more bubbly fun.  


Come play along with our TCP Tuesday Anything Goes Challenge!  It’s your last week to play along and you could win Cat’s Cash to spend in The Cat’s Pajamas store!  





6 comments:

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

I love Dave! Gorgeous card

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Dave you are beautiful, Christine
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my Dave has a big eye :) great color choice he had and such a fun design to the card!

Leslie Miller said...

So cool with your design! Great colors. Your coloring makes Dave look like a puffed up resin sticker. Fabulous!

Dave Schneider said...

Haha! This is amazing! I love this!

- The Original Dave

Hetty said...

Love your take on the sketch and such BEAUTIFUL colors!